Sunday 6 July 2008

Crashed Bike

On Friday, at lunchtime I decided to go to the bank on my bike as I am still waiting on my ATM card and would have no money for the weekend otherwise.

I approached a corner and without warning a car appeared from a blindspot behind a shed and despite hitting the brakes I hit it on the rear wheel. I did not hit it very hard and didnt fall off the bike. There was little damage to the car and no injuries but as for my bike....



Front wheel completely crushed.


The driver got out of his car and in typical Japanese fashion began apologising. He seemed very concerned about me but the language barrier prevented us from sorting the situation out. He bought me a drink from a nearby vending machine then we called my office and soon after my boss Owa-san turned up to help out. I explained the situation to him so when the police turned up he was able to give him my statement. We agreed that we each held responsibility and would pay for our own damage.

After that, the man was kind enough to offer to take my bike back to the Youth Heim in his car. I can't help wondering if everything would have been to civil back home...


Mattieu giving me a lift back from our cruise night. Although this does'nt look particuarly safe either, guess Ill never learn....

No comments: